Varieties of hosting solutions
A hosting service suggests hoarding and/or sharing specific web content on a server handled by a hosting company. There are various classes of hosting services used for various purposes, so let's have a look at them. Thus, you can decide what you need, depending on whether you desire to launch a web portal, email addresses, or to share files with buddies and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution furnished by some web hosts, which enables you to share immense files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archives, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole function is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a record of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php website files in your browser. Free-of-cost file storage accounts are frequently supported by showing advertisements beside the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a specific stretch of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you own a paid file hosting plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no restriction with regard to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the help of the cPanel hosting providers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly fallacious explanation of the literal definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would share the tasks at hand between separate bunches of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving miscellaneous web hosting services (electronic mail, web space, stats, DNS, databases, hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is merely a kind of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; some providers offer a hosting solution for pictures solely. This hosting kind is appropriate if you wish to share a large quantity of pictures with buddies or partners since the solution is commonly free of cost. You will receive a random link for every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service devoted to administering your e-mail box accounts. Some suppliers offer web page hosting services for web sites, but do not offer an email service. If you want to launch an email address with your domain name but do not want to keep a web site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you want. You can create e-mail box accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to some video file, or you can embed the video in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of using this method instead of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video file brings about a particular amount of CPU load, so with a couple of video files and several hundred site visitors, you may have trouble with your web site hosting supplies. Embedding the video file will enable you to own as many videos as you want without worrying about system resources.
- Web page hosting: this is the solution that you require if you would like to possess a web site. To a certain extent, it contains all of the aforementioned hosting sorts since, along with your websites, you can also host pictures and files, you can keep databases and email box accounts, upload video clips, etc. At NTC Hosting, for instance, you can take a glance at web hosting and dedicated hosting packages that permit you to have all of the aforementioned services in a single place. There may be limits based on the form of hosting solution that you've opted for - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web hosting package may be better or worse in comparison with the regular email/file/video/image hosting plans that are made for specific content exclusively.